Does combining Functional & Object-Oriented Programming excite you? This role would have you responsible for building a new generation of connected systems, devices and information. You will partner with hardware and software engineers to build real-time distributed scalable systems.
You will work on a team to drive technology decisions (tools, protocols, languages, devices) for platforms that do not have a parallel in industry. The platforms you build will be used to accelerate and streamline the R&D pipeline for researchers across the globe.
Your projects are likely to span our stack: from data processing pipelines, to services, to infrastructure automation.
- 2 - 4+ years of significant, demonstrated experience building and shipping production software, preferably in a startup or small-team setting.
- Minimum 2+years of experience with Clojure, Java, or another JVM-based language.
- A level of comfort working in a functional programming language: our codebase is largely Clojure and Scala [either nice to have]
- Working understanding of the modern data processing toolset: SQL and NoSQL databases, batch and streaming data processing tools, what they are good for and how they fit together.
- Provides data engineering development services within an AWS environment and associated technical support typically in a defined technology platform.
- Experience with AWS / container-based architecture is a strong plus. (EC2, S3, SQS, etc.)
- A desire to learn is essential.
- A collaborative attitude, strong desire to succeed as part of the team, and self-motivation.