GRT is carefully searching for new candidates for a high profile, global commerce engagement located in Sunnyvale and San Bruno, CA.
[Bay Area Ideal, Pacific Time Zone a plus, but neither is required]
We are looking for a solid foundation of technology understanding and work/school experience; we are also equally interested in promising communication skills, and growth potential of any candidate.
It is noted this role has a significant internal customer interface involved. The group provides infrastructural technical support and communication surrounding it, 1/4 to 1/2 of work time will be focused on communication/calls with the rest technical troubleshooting.
Skills & Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or
Mathematics or 5 years of applicable industry experience
- Self motivated individual/leader looking for challenging work material in a dynamic team environment. Strong communication skills a must with abilities to interact with both technical and non-techical client personnel.
Preferred Skills (some minority subset of the following concepts as applies to different roles):
- Experience and fluency in Go.
- A familiarity with Linux or UNIX (HP-UX, Solaris, SmartOS, AIX, etc) systems administration
- Interactive and scripted bash power-user skills (bash fluency)
- Familiarity with command line tools such as curl, dig, ssh, rsync, top, lsof, iostat, and the proc file system
- Experience using one of the following configuration management technologies: Salt, Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Experience using one of the following cloud providers: Azure, Rackspace, Google Cloud/GCE, Digital Ocean, AWS
- An understanding of application layer protocols such as HTTP/S, DNS and the basic networking protocols such as Ethernet, IP, TCP/UDP.
- Familiarity both with RHEL/Centos and Debian/Ubuntu OSs and package management
- Familiarity with Prometheus and Grafana
- Experience using Salt Stack configuration management
- Experience using Kubernetes (K8)
- An advanced understanding of network protocols such as Ethernet interface bonding, BGP, overlays, SCTP and tunneling technologies.
- SQL and Relational DB Knowledge (MySQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Building and maintaining continuous integration systems
- Systems integration with third party and in-house systems