We are looking for an extraordinary Android and Apple mobile app engineer to design, develop, and maintain current and future apps. Minimum 3-years experience building complex Android and Apple mobile device solutions having worked with both greenfield projects (building an app from scratch) as well as maintaining existing Enterprise-scale apps. Bring strong OO design and programming skills in Java and Swift/Objective-C with demonstrated knowledge with Android and Apple frameworks. You will work directly with the business team, server engineering, and customer support on a daily basis.
We are an agile shop, and expect candidates to have agile experience. You can't imagine writing code without automated tests and useful code documentation. On those occasions when things get crazy, your can set aside your deep focus on the problem at hand and let your multi-tasking skills shine.
Your communication skills, both verbal and written, are excellent. You know how to take feedback, evaluate it, and then incorporate it into your product quickly. You collaborate comfortably with co-workers using distributed tools like git, GitHub, and Jira.
- Strong OO design and programming skills in Java and iOS/Objective-C/Swift
- Deep knowledge with the Android and Apple SDK
- Architecture Patterns (including non-MVC such as MVP, MVVM).
- Extensive knowledge of SQLite database management system
- Extensive knowledge of Camera, Broadcast Receiver, Services, Content Provider
- Analyse and optimize UI and back-end application code for efficiency and performance
- Automated testing framework (Espresso, Appium)
- Experienced with Google Play and Apple App store submission process
- Experience working with JSON protocol
- Comfortable implementing unit/performance/integration Testing
- Understanding of web technologies
- Use of a project management tool such as Jira
In addition to this, any of the following would be advantageous:
- Cloud based development through AWS or equivalent
- Learn and implement existing projects in Kotlin
- Experience of approaches to mobile testing
- Image Processing, Compressing & Optimizing
- Minimum 3-years experience building complex Android and Apple mobile device solutions
- You can manage your own time given clear objectives
- You really like solving problems
- You balance action with planning
- Estimating level of efforts for incremental and major releases
- Learning on the job is appealing
- Strong technical and technical support skills
- Analytical and organisational skills
- Communication and teamwork skills
- Experience in a startup environment / agile development environment
- Experience operating with legacy code
- Evaluating emerging technologies for consideration