Remote Work Allowed
Integrated Data Services, Inc. (IDS) is a leading provider of custom software products and Government financial management services. IDS was founded in 1997 in El Segundo, CA, and since that time has seen tremendous growth and success. Currently IDS has offices supporting customers nationwide. By providing customers with fast, efficient and reliable information systems and support services, IDS has become a preferred provider of financial and programmatic systems, services, and solutions across a wide variety of Government agencies.
IDS is seeking a Data Architect visionary with a proven track record in data analysis, design, deployment and management of a data architecture. This person will be responsible for defining how structured and unstructured data will be stored, consumed, integrated and reported by different systems across internal and external data sources. The data architect will define and align architecture principles to the overarching enterprise architecture principles. The data architect will work towards building an enterprise model, a central dictionary of common business vocabulary, define approach & principles for data quality management, master data management, data integration, data security/access and data archiving & retention. In this role the person is also expected to be well versed in creating/maintaining/reverse engineering data models that enable the understanding and documentation of data standards, metadata and entity & domain relationships and the flow of data across business applications. The right candidate will be a Self-motivated, results driven technologist, who is passionate about collaboration and consensus building, but can work independently and lead highly technical cross functional teams.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Define the strategy and architecture required to integrate data across multiple systems, improve the existing data warehouse architecture and support our transition to AWS.
- Select appropriate database architecture and technologies.
- Implement and optimize physical database design to support performance, scaling, security, backup, and disaster recovery requirements.
- Work closely with application developers and data analysts to design and optimize data access, query, reporting, and analysis strategies.
- Identify, define & classify master data across the enterprise landscape
- Define & manage how client data will be stored, consumed, integrated and managed across the enterprise by different customer/business applications & IT systems & Users
- Creates and enforces technology-specific guidelines, standards, policies and procedures
- Applies architectural and technology concepts to address scalability, security, reliability, maintainability and sharing of enterprise data
- Lead, Mentors, coaches and educates team members in standard processes, policies and procedures related to a specific technology.
Physical & Mental Qualifications:
- Must be able to lift/carry at least 15 lbs.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position 80% of the time.
- Must consistently work and type on a computer and may be required to move about inside the office to access file cabinets, office supplies, etc.
Knowledge and Skills:
- At least 5 years of experience as a data architect.
- Expert with Master Data Management concepts and systems
- Expert with data modeling tools in creating medium to large-scale enterprise logical data models using normalization techniques
- Expert with data modeling in both relational and unstructured databases
- Expert in Business Intelligence (BI) and Data Warehouse enterprise platforms
- Expert working knowledge of Stored Procedures and SQL coding
- Ability to interface effectively with team members from all functional disciplines.
- Exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to rapidly analyze complex technology and business scenarios.
- Experience with AWS and Amazon S3 desired.
- Experience with MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Atlassian JIRA and Confluence desired.
- Experience with Department of Defense (DoD) finance, contracting, acquisition and logistics systems is a plus.
Education and Work Experience:
This position requires a minimum of a 4-year degree from an accredited college or university in business
management, engineering, computer science, mathematics, accounting, economics or other related discipline. Experience in lieu of education may be considered if the individual has 7 or more years of relevant experience.
Certificates and Licenses:
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
Travel will be required.
Normal work schedule will be 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M., Monday through Friday. May be required to work additional hours and/or weekends, as needed, to meet deadlines or to fulfill travel obligations.
Commensurate with experience.
Company offers full-benefits package including health, dental, vision and 401K plans. IDS is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, creed, age, sex, gender, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, ancestry, pregnancy perceived pregnancy, medical condition, marital status, familial status, color, religion, uniformed services, veteran status, national origin, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under local, state or Federal law. A submission of a resume is an expression of interest and not considered an application.
For more information, visit www.get-integrated.com. To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference code: IDS-DA-VL.
**U.S. citizenship and/or green card is required; H1-B visas and other visas are not being sponsored. Relocation expenses are NOT compensated. All jobs are employer paid; no fees to candidates. Third parties or agencies inquiries are not being accepted.**