X-Mode provides real-time location data and technologies that power location intelligence for advertising and business decisions in financial services, healthcare, high-tech, real-estate, retail, and the public sector. X-Mode's flagship product is a fast-growing big data location platform, which maps daily the precise routes of 10% of the U.S. Population and maps monthly 1 in 3 adult U.S. smartphone users. X-Mode strives to produce and monetize the world’s largest location platform and ultimately create a global “living map” of 1 billion people with the highest quality location data in order to fuel the best location intelligence business solutions. X-Mode is looking for a full-time Android developer to build out and optimize our open source SDK, and help other app publisher partners integrate our X-Mode SDK successfully.
For this position, you must be authorized to work in the United States. You must also be based in the U.S. while employed with X-Mode.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- Work closely with our Lead Android Engineer to provide technical design and delivery of new social and location-based mobile applications
- Maintain and optimize SDK performance (especially related to battery life, memory, and cell data consumption)
- Troubleshoot issues with partners integrating the X-Mode SDK into their Android apps
- Interface with back-end services
- Collaborate with Engineering and Operations teams to understand needs for new apps and build to their requirements.
WHO YOU ARE:
- 5+ years of experience with Java
- 4+ years of experience working as an Android Engineer
- At least 1 year of Back-End experience (We use AWS, Spark, Scala)
- 1+ years of experience with Kotlin
- Published and supported 1-2 apps in the Google Play Store
- Experience working with XML and UX designers to hone features and applications
- Experience with Google's Firebase and familiarity with Python
- Familiar with distributing a beta app through Crashlytics or Google Play Developer Console
- Prior experience with providing SDKs that other developers have used in their applications, especially with SDKs collecting location data
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work on multiple projects at once
WHAT WE OFFER
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- 15 Days of PTO (Paid Time Off)
- Lunch provided 2x a week
- Snacks, snacks, snacks!
- Casual dress code
- Free Parking on-site