About the role:
Odoo is the ERP used by Namaste Technologies and is written in Python. As the roll-out of Odoo through-out the organisation is nearing completion, it is now necessary to build out our own in-house Python team, so we are not reliant on Odoo consultants for making changes in our Odoo setup. The Python Developer will be incredibly organized, enthusiastic, confident, and a great communicator.
Your responsibilities include:
- Implement the required modules to operate Odoo for Namaste business
- Support the integration according to stakeholders’ requirements.
- Assist and train other stakeholders for their usage of Odoo.
- Mentor other Python developers within the team.
- Initiative-taking; you are self-motivated, a doer, and can drive projects from start to finish
- A leader; you have a proven ability to inspire, energize and mobilize a team towards a goal
- A team-player; you are comfortable working with different styles and believe (like us) that together we achieve much more than alone
- Driven; you are used to working hard to achieve a goal you care about and running several projects in parallel
- A great communicator; you are comfortable in communicating in English both written and oral, including leading meetings, selling your ideas and storytelling
- Minimum of 3 years as a software engineer
- 2+ years Python experience
- Knowledge of best engineering practices in agile software development: architectural paradigms, code reviews, branching, task management, documentation, testing
- Thorough experience of REST & API practices
- In-depth knowledge of database design and optimization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Ability to work well with teams effectively without supervision
We’d be extra impressed if you also have:
- ERP knowledge or willing to learn the ERP Odoo
- Fully remote and highly talented distributed team
- Working on great tech stack with cutting edge technologies
- Product company with a long-term vision
- Competitive salary depending on the relative work experience.
- Project exposure and ownership that impacts our users, product, and business
- Challenging technical tasks, fast learning cycles, and meaningful feedback.
Location: remote. Flexible within timezone CET +/-4
We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better products we build and the better we are able to serve our customers. Women and other minorities under-represented in tech are strongly encouraged to apply.