Read before applying:
We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is: -3 hours > Paris time zone < +3 hours
Customer Care Team @Heetch
We are a new team with the mission to rebuild the entire customer support infrastructure to help our Care team deliver exceptional customer experiences faster and better while continuously improving the whole experience - for both passengers and drivers.
Have a look at our stack for a deeper overview: https://stackshare.io/heetch/application-and-data
Our team's values
- Transparency: We discuss everything openly within the team. Our 'Speak up' culture is strong.
- Remote first: Our team is fully distributed, and we work hard at that, but feel free to work from any of our offices in Paris, London, Brussels or Casablanca. Flexible work schedules are part of the plan.
- Learn from failures: It's ok to fail, learn from it and try again.
- Experiment things: Being free is part of our DNA, we can try things as long as it brings value.
- Code quality: Tests are as important as code is.
- Caring is sharing: We believe in continuous learning and want you to be proud of what you've learned/built. Sharing is a natural part of the process.
What will be your role?
Does it sound like you?
- 5+ Years of software development experience.
- You have at least 5+ years of professional experience with Go, Ruby, Python or another server-side programming language.
- You have a background in refactoring large and complex scale systems.
- You have experience with Docker in production.
- You've worked with microservices architecture in Production.
- You have solid experience with web-based Admin-UIs, SaaS tools or data visualisation.
- You're fluent in both written and verbal English (particularly as part of a remote team).
- You have previous professional or hobbyist experience with Golang.
- You've been part of a Customer Support team previously in your career.
- Automation is your passion.
What will you do?
- Participate in all aspects of the software development process: planning, programming, testing, deploying and maintenance.
- Build, test, ship and monitor features on top of third-party services such as Zendesk, Aircall Mandrill, Miuros or Zapier.
- Be an important part of the exit from a monolithic application to a microservices family.
- Collaborate closely with our Care experts and Product Manager.
- You’re interested in owning varying technical challenges and willing to dive into unfamiliar layers of the stack.
- We are a #RemoteFirst company, thus writing documentation and runbooks is part of our DNA.
What will be your main challenges?
If you joined the team today, you would have work on :
- creating a new Golang microservice handling webhooks that push notifications to mobile apps
- replacing our search queries from PostgreSQL to an ElasticSearch cluster
- adding a new consumer/producer on top of our Kafka/RabbitMQ message queues from our mobile apps
- reviewing the UX/UI initiative to built dataviz using React components
- advocating the other teams about frontend build pipeline company wise
- Have a look to our stack for a deeper overview: https://stackshare.io/heetch/engineering.
If your application is selected, the process will be composed of 4 steps:
- Non-technical interview with the Engineering Manager of your potential team (1h30)
- Take home assignment (~5 days deadline)
- Interview with your future teammates (1h)
- Day on site (Paris) to meet your future stakeholders