Incredible opportunity to become the VP Engineering for Crunch.io!
We don’t just collect data, we connect data. YouGov is an international data and analytics group with the ambition to become a unique part of the global internet infrastructure - like Google for search, Facebook for social, Amazon for retail, we want it to be YouGov for opinion. Our value chain is a virtuous circle consisting of a highly engaged online panel, innovative data collection methods and powerful analytics technology. From the beginning we had one simple idea: the more people are able to participate in the decisions made by the institutions that serve them, the better those decisions will be. We are a global online community for millions of people, and thousands of organisations, to engage in a continuous conversation about their beliefs, behaviours and brands, and provide a more accurate portrait of what the world thinks.
Crunch.io, part of YouGov PLC are looking for a VP Engineering that can drive innovation, quality and agility in our engineering. You will leverage latest cloud-computing and open-source technologies. You will manage distributed development teams to realize our technology vision. We are looking for someone who is entrepreneurial with a proven record building and managing successful software development.
Crunch have built a revolutionary platform that transforms our customers’ ability to derive insight from market research and survey data. Crunch offers a complete survey data analysis platform that allows market researchers, analysts, and marketers to collaborate in a secure, cloud-based environment, using a simple, intuitive drag-and-drop interface to prepare, analyze, visualize and deliver survey data and analysis.
What will I be doing?
- Direct responsibility for managing approximately 20 developers, split across three teams.
- Work with senior leadership and product marketing to create a road-map for the product.
- Develop, lead and inspire a team of approximately 20 developers. Be a magnet for technical talent and accelerate the hiring of engineers.
- Allocate resources, set priorities, and manage schedules for the teams. Deliver high quality software on time and within budget.
- Promote a culture of success, pride, performance, discipline, and creativity. Play a leadership role within the company.
What do I need to bring with me?
- Experience managing teams using agile and test-driven development.
- Strong computer science foundation
- Expertise building big-data analytic solutions with appropriate use of relational and NoSQL database technologies
- Fluency in multiple programming languages, but especially Python.
- At least ten years’ experience in software development.
- B.S. in computer science or related degree. Advanced degree preferred.
Any additional info:
This position is a full time role, based 100% remotely.