Who are we and what’s our mission?
Clear Review (www.clearreview.com/about) is an award-winning HR tech scale up with a passionate and fast-growing team of nineteen whose motivating force is to: To enable individuals and teams to achieve what matters most to the organisation and themselves.
The world of performance management (if we must call it that) has been so bad, for so long. Annual appraisals, complex rating scales, uncertainty, anxiety — we’re looking to put an end to all of that. Our core belief is that HR, managers, and employees overwhelmingly want to be engaged in what they do whilst delivering high-quality work. They simply need to be enabled with the right culture and the right technologies to be the best that they can be.
Our cloud-based performance enablement tech is genuinely disrupting the market and facilitates year-round quality conversations and real-time feedback. We’re scaling quickly with some great, well-known customers, and we have funding to ramp things up even more. We’re needing new people who can get excited about this journey to come on board with new ideas, new energy, and a desire to get stuck in and make a difference!
About the role
We’re looking for a full stack developer to work with our Engineering team on our Clear Review product, which is built in Python and Angular. Contributing on exciting new features and challenging infrastructure changes. The ideal candidate will have experience in web application development, be a good problem solver and be able to contribute in technological discussion. The role will mainly be home based but ideally be willing to travel to meet-up with the Engineering team (Bristol or London).
Roles and responsibilities
- Estimating task development using agile pointing system with other team members
- Planning tasks and scenarios before development to identify required tests with other team members
- Continuous development of new and existing features on our web application
- Attending sprint planning, daily stand up and retrospective meetings
- Review and comment on other developers code via pull requests
- Research new technologies and give opinions based on findings.
Who we are looking for
- You’ll be an experienced developer who enjoys working on scalable web applications.
- Most importantly, you’ll have a good aptitude for learning new technology as our technology stack is evolving over time.
- Used to working in an Agile development team using Scrum.
- Motivated to work on your own remotely.
- Able to communicate ideas in a clear way.
- Give advise on technology which maybe beneficial to use within our stack.
- Have a Test Driven Development approach to producing good quality code.
- Be able to review other developers code and give clear comments.
- Agile development
- Good communication
- Angular (Version 2+)
- Strong Python
- Understanding of RESTful APIs
- Strong use of version control (Gitlab)
- Test driven development
- Django Rest Framework
- Protractor testing framework
- Remote working