For this project, you will need to create a website directory of remote-friendly companies. This role includes:
- Project management
- Design (Or working with a designer)
- Quality assurance
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR:
Developing a directory of remote friendly companies which will be placed on our website. We currently have a list of around 2000 companies with some information about each of them. This information includes: website, company name, LinkedIn company profile, and the city and country the headquarters are in. We also have the name of the founder and the contact details for these companies.
The directory could possibly use an existing WordPress plugin. Here is an example of a similar type of directory: https://saasmag.com/2019-list/.
The directory will need the following features:
- The ability for us to add all of the companies we already have.
- The ability for a company to add themselves.
- The ability for companies to log in.
- The ability to email companies a link which will allow them to log in and update their directory listing.
- A MailChimp signup form embedded on the page.
- The ability to search the list for a particular company.
- An admin site to edit entries.
- The ability to add lists of new companies in the admin site.
- A list of all of the companies.
The following fields are to be included on the company profile page:
- Company Name
- Company Description
- Number of Employees
- Name of the CEO/Founder
- Website Link
- LinkedIn Company Profile Link
TO BE THE BEST MATCH FOR THIS JOB, YOU MUST HAVE EXCELLENT SKILLS IN:
- WordPress development (If you will not be using WordPress then PHP is preferred.)
- Project management
We expect this job to be completed in the following stages:
Stage 1: Decide what technology to use. (For example, which WordPress plugin). Create the directory design. Receive our approval for the design.
Stage 2: Create the directory backend and upload it to our servers.
Stage 3: Upload all of the existing companies to the directory. Create a spreadsheet with a list of all the companies and the link/instructions of how they can update their listings. In this stage, we will do some additional quality assurance for the site to make sure it is working properly.
- The design must look amazing.
- If we are not happy with Stage 1, we will not continue on to Stage 2.
- We expect Stage 1 to be very low cost. Most of the cost will be incurred in the creation of the directory (Stage 2).