Read before applying:
We're a young company iterating over our remote culture so for now, we're only working with people in locations where the time zone is: -3 hours > Paris time zone < +3 hours
Driver Growth Team @Heetch
We're a thoughtful and extremely talented full-stack product team. We're hiring for talent, not location, that is why you will find members of our group based remotely throughout Europe. Our mission is quite simple; Build a world-class, and engaging platform for our Drivers. Drivers use and rely on the products we build every single day to earn a living. A responsibility that we hold dear and do not take for granted.
We're looking for like-minded, product-focused Engineers that are ready for a challenge and want to have an impact at scale. The Driver Engagement team is responsible for the engagement, happiness and retention of our hundreds of thousands of drivers. Which includes, but is not limited to, our Driver Rewards and Incentive-based products, Real-time earnings and report dashboards and all Driver account, fleet and profile services . Our multi-disciplined team allow us to work autonomously across the realms of our scope - Basically, this means that we own our roadmap entirely, and we empower each team member to contribute and influence how and what we work on.
Android within Driver Growth
This is the place to make an impact. Our app is the centrepiece of the platform, and our Drivers depend on its usability and reliability. Given the scale at which we operate and the competitive nature of our industry, this is no mean feat. We strive to make a meaningful difference to our Drivers experience with each release.
Our team's values
- Transparency: We discuss everything openly within the team. Our speak up culture is strong.
- Remote first: Our team is fully distributed, and we work hard at that, but feel free to work from any of our offices in Paris, Lyon, London, Brussels or Casablanca.
- The courage to fail: We celebrate the wins, but more importantly we're not afraid to fail, we always learn and go again.
- Team Unity: No one is left behind.
- Code quality: It's not software without tests.
What will you do?
- Work closely with Product, Backend and Data Analysts to build highly impactful features.
- Work in a release train cycle (we ship often ).
- Optimise performance and help solve technical and product problems for our large pool of Android drivers
- Be a vital member of the broader Android team at Heetch and contribute to core architecture and design discussions.
- Work closely with engineers from other product teams building cross-team features at scale.
- Participate in Code Reviews and provide feedback to your colleagues.
- Share knowledge with everyone and help your team to grow.
- Have the freedom to experiment. Intrigued by a new tech or library? Go for it! Let's see how it improves our services.
- Routinely own and manage releases to the Play store.
Does it sound like you?
- +3 years of experience in Android development.
- +2 years Reactive programming with RxJava.
- +1 year Production experience working with kotlin.
- Strong understanding of the Android SDK and application lifecycle
- Knowledge in common architectural patterns (MVP, MVI).
- Strong UI skills: ConstraintLayout.
- Rigor in test coverage and other best practices.
- Not afraid of leaving your comfort zone.
- You are ready to make an impact at scale.
- Contribution to open source projects.
- Knowledge about managing the lifecycle of background services and their impact on battery usage.
If your application is selected, the process will be composed of 4 steps:
- Non-technical interview with the Engineering Manager of your potential team (1h30)
- Take home assignment (~5 days deadline)
- Interview with your future teammates (1h)
- Day on site (Paris) to meet your future stakeholders