About the role
We are looking for a senior level developer. The successful candidate would work on an API that calculates travel times to thousands of locations in a split second. She/He would join a remote team who works across five different countries in Europe.
Our Search API already processes more than a billion locations a month and has an average response time of 900 ms when sorting up to 1000 locations within a 3 hour travel time area. To return these results at scale we use Scala, AKKA and Play Framework
- Design and development of Travel Time Platform API;
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our development, test and production environments;
- Improve automated procedures for code and data deployment and automate manual tasks;
- Develop tools to improve situation awareness for the team Maintenance and upkeep of Linux servers.
- Experience in functional programming or Scala;
- Understanding the benefits of purely functional code, immutability, encapsulation, choosing the right data-structures, asynchronous structures, code organization and testability;
- Experience working with Linux and servers management;
- Experience with source code control systems, branching and merging, automated unit testing frameworks, automated build tools, and automated deploy frameworks;
- Experience in designing public API’s is a benefit.
What we offer:
The salary offered matches your experience, educational background, and job skills. We offer employee stock options, gym subscription and remote working with a flexible schedule. We also provide any equipment you would need for work. All this is possible as long as you are okay to work from around 10/11 am to 18/19 in GMT+2 and attend daily 11 am online stand-up meetings. We also have team gatherings in Kaunas, Lithuania office up to 3 times a year.
Do you know how far you could travel within 30 minutes? iGeolise do, as the creators of the TravelTime platform, a B2B technology that allows users to search and analyse location data using travel time information. This means that property websites can search and list their potential home locations by journey time, job boards can list open positions by commute time and hotel listing websites can suggest accommodation that's within 10 minutes from the beach. Make your own travel time shape here.
We recently raised over £3 million in investment and now we're looking to build a marketing team that will help us increase brand awareness, increase the volume of leads generated and engage with our target audience across various marketing channels.