The Tier IV Support Escalation Engineer is driven to resolve complex issues with a passion to assist senior team members and achieve customer success. The candidate we are looking for requires a background in development, ability to dive into code and work methodically through the most challenging cases in complex environments. Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are required to interact effectively with our worldwide customers and internal development, support, and sales team members.
This position reports to the Director, Technical Support. Remote candidates will be considered.
- Troubleshoot complex issues whether software or environmental related
- Remain focused on complex issues through to resolution
- Work closely with product management, development, quality assurance, and senior support team members to resolve customer challenges
- Document troubleshooting techniques and train team on the techniques
- Design and build tools and scripts to help analyze the product, database, and network log files and narrow the cause of issues
- Assist in building and administering the infrastructure and systems that keep our customers up to date and informed
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Development or similar discipline preferred
- 4+ years combined experience as a software developer and/or as a database administrator
- Advanced PowerShell and SQL experience is a must
- Angular experience is a plus
- Experience in reading and understanding C#, .NET, XML and JSON
- Expertise supporting enterprise systems and enterprise-class software solutions with End-Point Security Management strongly preferred
- Experience working with Azure environments is preferred
- Deep technical and functional understanding of client/server enterprise systems involving secured access to systems
- Working knowledge of Windows system administration with an emphasis on networking (TCP/IP) and security best practices
- Knowledge of IT infrastructure including databases, firewalls, load balancers, proxy servers and IIS web servers
- Excellent interpersonal, and verbal English communication, written and presentation skills required
- Ability to work closely with team members
- Ability to be on-call for highly escalated, Severity 1 challenges
- Highly motivated, “can do” attitude, works well under pressure
Thycotic is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ancestry, national origin, color, religion, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status.
Upon conditional offer of employment, candidates are required to complete a criminal background check and drug screen per Thycotic employment policy. In addition, all publicly posted social media sites may be reviewed.