Duties and Responsibilities
With over 1,000 staff at United Nations Headquarters in New York and almost 2,000 worldwide, including conference management staff at the United Nations Offices at Geneva, Vienna and Nairobi, the Department for General Assembly and Conference Management (DGACM) is the largest in the United Nations Secretariat. The workforce includes committee secretaries and research staff, meeting planners and protocol officers, translators, revisers and verbatim reporters, interpreters and editors, proofreaders, graphic designers and printers, conference officers and administration staff spanned across four duty stations.
DGACM is looking for a Quality Assurance Engineer to provide reliable testing services for its documentation, meetings and translation management systems. The incumbents will report to and work under the direct supervision of the Team Leader of QA and DevOps Team.
Under delegated authority, the Quality Assurance Engineer will perform the following duties:
• Support software development process and implementation of new software releases by testing computer application systems and programs, using team established standards for IT technologies and tools;
• Participate in the planning, specification, design, development, implementation and support of computer application systems from a quality assurance perspective;
• Participate in the creation and maintenance of automated tests and test automation frameworks;
• Draft technical documentation for deployed computer application systems;
• Maintain test and functional specifications for computer application systems, programs and procedures developed and/or modified;
• Draft correspondence, communications and prepare team contributions for a variety of periodic reports;
• Keep abreast of developments in the field of quality assurance and propose new acquisitions as appropriate;
• Perform other work-related duties as assigned.
Academic Qualifications: High school diploma or equivalent is required. International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) certification is required.
Experience: A minimum of 5 years of experience in software quality assurance is required.
Out of the aforementioned experience, 3 years of experience in developing Test Automation Framework or designing automated testing suites is required. 3 years of experience with Agile development approaches such as SCRUM is required. Practical experience with Software Configuration Management and build tools such as Team Foundation Server or Azure DevOps Services is desired. Practical experience and knowledge of Microsoft Test Manager or Selenium is desirable.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the position advertised, fluency in English is required. Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.