Your new company
Are you an experienced software developer, motivated to build products and tools that make life easier for your colleagues in the room next-door, through to thousands of kids and parents who interact with the company's services every week?
Rocksteady Music School deliver inspiring music lessons by sending passionate musicians into schools to teach primary school children how to play in a rock band. They have built a strong company culture where everyone truly believes in the product and is dedicated to its success. Everyone is there for the same reason - to empowe as many children as possible!
They are the largest rock school in Europe, and although they might not look like a tech company, it is still a great place to work as a developer. Their tooling and processes have been built from their experience working in big tech companies, so you get the benefits of industry level best practice whilst working in a small, personal, collaborative team environment.
Your new role
Reporting to the Head of Digital, the role is to work as a full-stack web application developer on internal facing tools used by the Rocksteady team, and external facing products used by their customers and the general public.
Their product road map for the year ahead is currently full, and there's lots more they would like to build, so they are on the lookout for an additional team member.
You will be pleased to know that they:
- Use modern-but-well-established tools (React, Ruby on Rails 5, APIs, Progressive Web Apps)
- Run a continuous integration (CI) and deployment (CD) process
- Have good tests and code coverage
- Run code reviews for all work
- Have minimal DevOps requirements (managed via Heroku and AWS)
- Work in a lovely office, with quiet space to focus, and a lake to sit by if you ever experience "Error: -41" (Link to https://xkcd.com/1024/)
- Have a positive approach to employee work/life balance (4 days remote working)
What you'll need to succeed
- Motivated to build products and tools that make users lives easier
- Proficient with Ruby on Rails and React frameworks (other front-end frameworks is fine and you will receive paid training on React)
- Experience working on software projects as part of a team (Estimation, Code Reviews, Issue Tracking etc)
What you'll get in return
They ensure that you will be working in an environment where staff are motivated and passionate about the work they are doing. On top of this they offer the opportunity to grow and develop within the business.
- Full time competitive salary position (£50k flex)
- Up to 4 days a week remote working options
- The 1 day per week will be in a beautiful converted manor house in rural Hampshire, complete with its's own lake and plenty of onsite parking
- Paid training in React if you aren't experienced!
- Opportunities to work with the Rocksteady Foundation
- It's always fun! There is annual staff away-days, Christmas parties and plenty of opportunities to socialise with other like-minded people throughout the year
- 5 weeks paid holiday (plus Bank Holidays)
- A staff benefits program which includes free mobile phone insurance, discounted cinema tickets and hundreds of other perks and discounts
- Bonus scheme and company performance based rewards
- Opportunity for 1 month sabbatical after 5 years employment
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.