Becoming a Citrix Subject Matter Expert with Capita IT & Networks:
This role will involve working on new and existing infrastructure projects, system migrations, 3rd / 4th line support and/or service improvement to existing infrastructures. You will be working on medium to large implementation projects, specifically focussing on Citrix technologies.
The role will be part of the Professional Services team in IT Services and offers scope for progression into more Senior technical roles. This is great opportunity where you will be responsible for the building solutions, pre-sales support and implementation of projects across the life cycle.
We operate across a number of sectors and deliver a number of technologies across the customer base such as: Citrix, Microsoft & VMWare. This position will be located out of the nearest Capita ITS UK office, with some travel to customer and other sites in the UK required from time to time. We also operate a flexible working environment.
What you will do:
- Deliver new infrastructure projects, system migrations, and service improvement to existing infrastructures
- Work on medium to large implementation projects
- Citrix Web interface - configuration and security
- Automated server provisioning, e.g. Citrix Provisioning services,
- Application profiling - experience with toolsets e.g. App-DNA is desirable
- Utilise monitoring & reporting toolsets - Edgesight
- Project delivery and 3rd/4th line technical support
- Utilise wide knowledge of toolsets and techniques to measure performance and enhance the user experience
- At least 3 years' experience in a fast paced, dynamic IT environment
- A proven track record of taking project specific activities from start to finish
- Utilise good interpersonal skills to work effectively with stakeholders, internally and externally
- Produce high quality documentation for use internally and externally
- Achieve targets as agreed by your manager
- Extensive project delivery and 3rd line technical support experience (5 years min)
- Ability to work effectively with support analysts within IT Services on escalations.
- Citrix XenApp 5 & 6, 6.5, 7
- Citrix presentation server 4.5
- MS Windows server 2003/2008, WinXP, Win7
- Desktop virtualisation Citrix XenDesktop 4 & 5, 5.5
- Application virtualisation - Citrix streaming & packaging, App-V
- Citrix Secure gateway, Access gateway and Netscaler
- MS Windows 2012
- Citrix XenApp 7.5
About Capita IT & Networks
A leading digital infrastructure provider - trusted by thousands of public and private sector enterprises.
Capita IT and Networks is one of the largest IT providers in the UK, providing critical digital, cloud and infrastructure services to over 3,500 organisations. We're the number one provider of IT services to the public sector, supporting one in four hospitals, over 2,500 schools and 50 local councils.
We have top tier partnerships with, and accreditations from, leading technology vendors, including Microsoft, Cisco, Dell EMC, AWS and HPE. Our team of over 4,000 people includes 1,000 technical specialists and 250 highly qualified field engineers, providing onsite support to our customers. Customers are also supported by our service desks in Coventry, Belfast and Pune, offering full service management and support 24/7.
We are dedicated to supporting thousands of customers across the UK. From bringing virtual reality into the classroom, to building smart towns and communities, we are passionate about finding new, practical ways to innovate and create better outcomes for our customers. But we are equally passionate about doing the right thing: we want to earn your trust and be the partner you count on every time. We are here for you.
What's in it for you?
- A competitive basic salary
- 23 days holiday (rising to 27)
- Company car allowance
- Pension, life assurance, holiday buy, a cycle2work scheme…and plenty more
- Voluntary benefits designed to suit your lifestyle - from retail and socialising, to health & wellbeing and leisure discounts
Don't underestimate the fact that you'll also be joining a network of some of the most experienced, innovative and dedicated people in the country - the opportunities to learn new skills, develop in your career and grow and as we grow are almost endless. Our mission is to help you realise your potential - whatever that means to you.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now. We understand you might have some questions before taking the step to apply - you can contact Michael Rosbotham on 07864993543 | email@example.com for guidance.
Capita Resourcing operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified candidates regardless of gender identity or gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership. Skills & Requirements Deliver new infrastructure projects, system migrations, and service improvement to existing infrastructures Work on medium to large implementation projects Citrix Web interface - configuration and sec