AutoAccessoriesGarage.com is a growing e-commerce company specializing in selling automotive parts and accessories. We're built upon a firm understanding of both the industry and the developing technologies that drive the e-commerce shopping experience. We take pride in our streamlined workflow, agile development, creative approaches, and entrepreneurial spirit.
As a company we believe that a small team of forward thinkers with the right drive and focus can outperform a bloated, hierarchy-driven corporation. Our workflow relies on constant communication, efficient tactics, and always questioning if there is a better way to do things. We trust each other to take the reins and follow through confidently with our individual tasks as well as join together and tackle big-picture problems.
We offer a relaxed local or remote working environment, in addition to 401k with matching contribution, medical, dental, and vision benefits for full-time employees.
This position is open to remote working locations anywhere within the United States. The team you will be working closely with is based out of Chicago in the Wicker Park / Bucktown neighborhood, while our our lead developer is based out of Seattle, Washington.
We are seeking a bright and energetic Ruby On Rails Developer to join our team. This position plays a critical role in building and maintaining the systems that support, and create a top-notch shopping experience. The ideal candidate has excellent problem solving skills, and is comfortable in a fast-paced development and deployment cycle.
On an average week, you will:
- Develop and enhance our internal/external software systems; improving the overall experience for both our customers and our internal marketing, data, and customer service teams
- Work as a team with senior developer and IT team to build elegant solutions to complex problems
- Be involved in all phases of launch cycle, start-to-finish
Recent Projects You Would Have Collaborated On:
- React JS shopping cart that customer and call center agents can simultaneously connect to and see each others' updates
- Migrating advanced site functionality to Rails Engines to make it available to other applications
- Exit Intent and Cart Abandon widget that analyzes customer behavior, offering on-screen and follow-up email incentives
- Order Management System product editing, refund and upcharge tools and workflow
- Product data bulk upload and editing
- Automated JSON and XML API communication with our suppliers, for placing and tracking orders
- Content management system with WYSIWYG editing
- Product Review submission pages with photo upload feature
We need someone with:
- At least 3 years experience programming professionally, preferably in Ruby on Rails or a similar framework
- Experience writing beautifully elegant code in Ruby On Rails
- Strong familiarity with SQL, including parameterized queries, subqueries, table joins; PostgreSQL or MySQL experience preferred
- Preference for Unix/Linux as a development and production environment
- Experience with git or a similar version control system
- Optionally knows a bit about business practices or bookkeeping terminology. If you've had a business class or two in uni, that's a big win
- Web Services, REST, SOAP, and general API experience is a huge plus, as we're doing increasing amounts of automated communications with vendors and partners
We are looking for someone who:
- Is detail-oriented, possessing superior problem solving skills
- Has good time management skills and is able to shift priorities
- Is accustomed to, and prefers a small team environment
- Takes joy in learning new technologies
- Doesn't think he/she is above sweeping up or taking out the trash once in a while
- Is a reliable, humble, and generally awesome person