We live our passion of helping children learn and grow. Innovation and collaboration fuel us every day. If you embrace change and resist the status quo, we have a place for you.
Are you ready? Join us and be part of a driven, dynamic team unlike any other.
The Software Engineer is responsible for the implementation of customer facing technical solutions that align with Learning Without Tears (LWT) objectives.
What you'll be doing!
- Design, develop, test and maintain internal and client facing digital products.
- Collaborate with back-end and full stack developers to enhance the user experience.
- Work closely with UX and visual designers to develop creative solutions that take into account the technical, organizational, schedule, and business requirements.
- Collaborate with support engineers and customer experience teams to understand customers' needs.
- Work closely with the product owner and business analysts to understand use cases and user needs.
- Develop responsive products which render in multiple browsers and across multiple devices.
- Develop performant, reusable and clean code.
- Produce technical documentation and testing artifacts.
- Troubleshoot general application and code issues.
What you'll bring with you!
- BS or BA in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field.
- 4+ years of experience in core development technologies, preferably in a commercial environment.
- Development experience in an EdTech environment preferred.
- Expert in one of the following front-end frameworks: React, Vue.js, AngularJS
- Experience with HTML5 and SASS/SCSS/CSS.
- Experience with mobile development preferred.
- Experience working in an agile development environment; Agile, Scrum or Kanban preferred.
- Experience working in a Continuous Integration (CI) environment; Travis, Bamboo or Jenkins preferred.
- Knowledge of both relational and NoSQL database technologies.
- Experience troubleshooting cross-browser compatibility issues.
- Experience using version control systems; Git preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Good organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple projects at once while completing quality work on a timely basis.
- Ability to work both independently (with direction) and with a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with coworkers.
- Strong problem solving capabilities with a focus on customer service.
- Ability to excel in a rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time; ability to access, input, and retrieve information from the computer.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends.
Benefits & Fun:
- Competitive Benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision, short & long-term disability, life insurance, flexible spending, and more!
- Employee events including Company Picnic, Health & Wellness Fair, Turkey Fry, Yankee Swap, Pizza & Happy Hour Friday's, Milestone and Birthday Celebrations!
Learning Without Tears is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer