Respondent is a two-sided marketplace that connects market and user researchers with the highest quality research participants in the world. Our platform gives researchers a single place to quickly find the right participants for their projects, as well as schedule and pay them instantly. It simplifies the work that’s necessary to conducting quality research. Companies like IBM, Airbnb, Uber, Microsoft, Procter & Gamble and many more trust and integrate us into their research processes.
We are a small, quickly growing, fully remote tech startup. Working as a distributed team allows us to hire the best talent regardless of location (right now, everyone works in a continental US Time Zone). All of our employees have areas of expertise as well as a wide breadth of knowledge in their domains. This blog post shares more insight into how we work successfully as a distributed team.
- Lead a team of talented engineers
- Mentor and guide the professional and technical development of your team members
- Build teams that are collaborative, inclusive, and respectful of each other
- Provide continuous feedback, address underperformance, and recognize the individual strengths, and contributions of your team members
- Create plans for prioritizing technical and resourcing challenges in your organization
- Maintain a balance between building sustainable, high-impact projects, and shipping things quickly
- Instill a spirit of continuous improvement in the team’s code, architecture, and processes
- Work closely with both the co-founder CEO and co-founder software Architect (who built Respondent from the ground up)
- Using data and metrics you own your team’s deliverables and ensure we continue to ship scalable, highly-available products that delight our researchers and research participants.
- Help your team build relationships across functions such as Support, Marketing, Ops, etc.
- Prepare for and attend board meetings
Experience & Skills
- You enjoy and have a background in implementing and improving engineering systems and processes
- You have experience leading a team of engineers and guiding them through their career development
- You believe in building both teams and products that scale
- You enjoy working in a collaborative environment, and you’re committed to driving projects to completion creatively
- You can motivate and instill a strong sense of ownership in your team
- You have experience guiding teams through planning, prioritization, and execution of work
- You are an excellent communicator who can synthesize and explain information for both technical and non-technical folks
- You think ahead and build for the future
We are looking for someone who matches our level of joy for the work we do, brings something new to the team, and elevates our game. As a small, growing company we work together to get everything done. For engineers that means daily standups, contributing to documentation, and working on things in different departments. Our values are: Always Researching, Ownership, Active Honesty, and Thriving Together. Read more about them here.
Working at Respondent is a unique experience. You will be part of a remote, diversified team around the US. and world. We care deeply about creating a cohesive, tight-knit culture that gets results. That’s why we offer our employees the following:
- Work remotely from a continental US Time Zone (this does not have to be in the US itself, but rather must be in a US Time Zone: ex. Mexico City, Mexico)
- A full office set up, including a Macbook Pro, desk, second screen, ergonomic chair, and wireless mouse & keyboard
- Health insurance for US-based employees covered at 99% for individuals and 50% for dependents (non-US employees receive a healthcare stipend)
- Short Term Disability covered at 100% for all US-based employees
- Dental and Vision insurance offered at group rates to lower the cost for US-based employees
- Four weeks of flexible vacation (need a bit more for religious or country holidays--no problem!)
- Paid holidays
- Stock options
- Company retreats for teammates to get to know one another in-person: our last two were in New Orleans and San Antonio!
- Engineering hackathons and other opportunities for personal growth
Respondent is an equal opportunity employer
We understand it takes a diverse team of highly intelligent, passionate, curious, and creative people to solve the challenges involved in Respondent's long term success. Our dynamic team members have incredible perspectives to share, just as we know you do, and we take great pride in being an equal opportunity workplace and encourage candidates from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.