This positionIn this position, you are part of the Bevy engineering team. You will be responsible for planning and implementing changes to the corporate websites (bevylabs.com as well as cmxhub.com). You otherwise participate in general engineering work, such as reviews, project planning and helping the team continually improve at delivering high-quality software.
YouYou will fit in well with us, if you:
- Reside in North or South America. Yes, we are a distributed company, but since we are still small, we like to minimize the time zone spread within the team.
- Are an excellent communicator. In our small team, English is the official language. You need to be able to articulate complex ideas efficiently and effectively. When people do not share an office, it is essential to pay extra attention to communication.
- Have a solid technical background. You should have at least 5 years of professional experience and be able to point to a track record of building and maintaining production websites.
- Have experience with WordPress (including theme and widget development).
- Have experience with SEO best practices as well as UTM tracking.
- Like to learn and strive to do so often. As a company we improve to the extent that our team does. It starts with each individual. Humility and an open mind help a lot.
- Ideally know what it is like to work in distributed development teams, or better yet, thrive in them. It probably means you already know you don’t need a structured office environment with a manager who checks in on you once a day. Likewise, you know that you will do best from your home office.