As a Software Engineering Manager on the Banno Team at Jack Henry & Associates, you will be focused on building a strong team that aligns with product development strategies in a modern tech stack. You will advocate for your team and support their efforts where they intersect with product managers, implementations and support teams. You'll help proactively identify and meet business and operational needs. You will build and develop strong, effective and empathetic leadership abilities used to serve your team and others.
The Software Engineering Manager guides and directs the Android team on the development of Banno Mobile in close cooperation with our product design, API, and other client teams. Banno Mobile is a large, native Android application which is themed, branded, and deployed for hundreds of U.S. based financial institutions and used by hundreds of thousands of users each month. Android Engineers are constantly keeping our app up-to-date with the newest development practices to offer exciting user experiences for highly secured data
The Banno Team is committed to creativity, thoughtfulness, culture, and openness—the perfect place to make phenomenal products that have a big impact. Our work environment echoes a modern tech startup, but we have the security and benefits of a large, publicly traded company. With this Android Software Engineering Manager role, you’ll have the opportunity to work with an awesome group of developers, top notch product designers and super powered infrastructure engineers deploying next generation technology. Travel may possibly be required up to 5% for company meetings and professional development.
- Minimum 10 years of software engineering experience.
- Minimum 6 years of Android programming/development experience.
- Must have launched one or more apps on the Google PlayStore or deployed Enterprise apps to an organization.
- Minimum 2 years of previous management or supervisory experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering is preferred.
- Passion for true mentorship and building an engineering culture.
- Strong object-oriented design skills.
- Experience designing custom user interfaces in accordance to design rules.
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs.
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends and emerging technologies.
- Experience writing automated unit and integration tests for Android providing adequate code coverage.
- Experience with automated build and deployment tools