About being a Site Reliability Engineer at Balena
Balena is looking for a Site Reliability engineer to work with the balena core services. Site Reliability engineers at Balena ensure that our platform is available, reliable, and efficient. They develop monitoring solution and disaster recovery plans, respond and investigate incidents, and work closely with the development team to facilitate frictionless deployments to production.
We're a growing company with opportunities to shape the future of our core system architecture and work to solve the good problems associated with scaling. As a company at the forefront of the emerging IoT sector, and one of the very few putting Docker on embedded devices, we move quickly and innovate aggressively to solve our problems in new and interesting ways.This will be a full-time role.
You will spend time on...
- Defining and developing our monitoring systems
- Designing and practicing disaster recovery plans
- Scaling our infrastructure to meet the demand of hundreds of thousands of clients
- Investigating and evaluating new technologies
- Collaborating with the team to design internal tooling
- Participating in on-call rotation
- Take pride in your work and are passionate about good code
- Are proficient in at least one mainstream programming language
- Have deep knowledge of Linux, networking, and internet protocols
- Are familiar with managing AWS infrastructure
- Are an excellent communicator, fluent in English
- Have a good internet line available so you can join a video call without trouble
- Are comfortable taking on a project and pushing it to completion without too much management
- Work with an extremely talented, diverse team
- Equipment of your choice
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible vacation policy
- Annual company gathering in an international location
- We send you hardware for side projects!
About working at balena
We come from 15+ countries, and we embrace a remote culture with flexible hours. To us, this means being highly productive while still maintaining a healthy work-life balance. You need to be able to work remotely, and have a dependable internet access available so you can join video calls.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diverse backgrounds. We maintain a work environment in which team members are treated with respect at all times and in which thoughts and ideas can be shared openly.
We communicate proposals, discuss with others in the team and accept feedback if it makes the result better. We value the ability to learn, which is more important to us than knowledge of specific technologies. We know that learning fast means being outside our comfort zone, which is OK -- we'd rather grow than let our assumptions get in our way.
We're delighted to hear about you! Send us your CV, with a focus on what you can bring to the team.